Tuesday, July 26, 2005

More Than You Could Be or Less Than You Should Be
(An Article I wrote for my Church's Newsletter)

In Galatians 6:3 Paul says, “For if anyone thinks he is something, when he is nothing, he deceives himself.”

In 1 Timothy 1:5 Paul says, “The saying is trustworthy and deserving of full acceptance, that Christ Jesus came into the world to save sinners, of whom I am the foremost.”

As the title states, every Christian falls into one of these categories. Christians either look around them at all the horrible sin in the world, and believe that they’re better than those who commit those sins, thus thinking that they are more than they could be, or they look at their own lives and see how far they fall short of God’s glory, thus feeling constantly unworthy, knowing that they are less than they should be. Which category do you fall in? When you look into the character of King Jesus, does arrogance blind you of your constant need for Him, or does His perfection bring you to your knees in gratitude? I testify of all sinners, I am the worst. The only good thing about me is King Jesus. This truth does not discourage me, but encourages me for the King of kings and Lord of lords loves me. If finite man comes against me, hates me, persecutes me, spills my blood, or takes the air from my lungs, then greater tears will be shed from my eyes for one of my sins committed against the Infinite King whom has saved me, is saving me, and will save me. I just love Him so much that I hate my sins… every last one of them for He has changed me. Praise God for His faithfulness to an unfaithful people. Praise God for the willing sacrifice of His Son for my salvation. My prayer is that these truths will not fall on blind eyes or deaf ears, but on repentant and obedient hearts. Keep on keeping on Church for the One who puts the air in man’s lungs, loves you, has saved you, and is coming back to get you (1 Thessalonians 4:13-18).

In Him,

Bro. Jared